Thursday 12 May 2016

remote AIS receiver/repeater - part 8 - more dAISy current measurements

[prev]     [first]     [next]  

powering the dAISy from the 3.3v pad and current consumption for the dAISy runs at about 71mA (234mW)

powering the dAISy from the 5v pad at 4.1V takes about 17mA (70mW)

Some difference!

However, if I power the dAISY from the 3.3v, the battery can get down to about 3.2V before the dAISy stops receiving, but from the 5v pad, it gets flaky at 3.6V

I guess strictly I shouldn't be dragging the 18650 cells down this low, but it is all extra capacity useable down from 3.6 to 3.3Vbat, but what a power difference.

Threshold for system sleep is 3.3Vbat at present. I think I will up this to 3.6V, power the dAISy on the 5V pad and hope for the best.

I could do some calculations comparing the lost capacity vs overall consumption...

No comments:

Post a Comment